Tuesday 1 January 2008

New Year's Day - HAPPY 2008!

I don't know if its a good sign or not, but I went outside my front door last night, to do my "First Footing"* I ended up standing accidently in dog's excrement, I was quickly informed that this was deemed "good luck" by most, this apparently doesn't include the carpet in my house...

Either way I have a good feeling about this year, I think it will bring alot of good changes for us all :) The difference between a lucky person and an unlucky person, is that a lucky person is open to all opportunities in any situation, not just the ones they expected.

(*Originally a Scottish Tradition "To ensure good luck for the house, the first foot should be male, dark (believed to be a throwback to the Viking days when blond strangers arriving on your doorstep meant trouble) and should bring symbolic coal, shortbread, salt, black bun and whisky.")

TANGENT GIRL

No comments: